Monday, March 26, 2007

My Travels


This past weekend was a lot of fun for me. Friday I performed a 2 hour show for The Howell Elks Club in Howell, New Jersey. I do tons of Comedy Fundraiser Shows for Elks Clubs all over the country and I absolutely love doing them. The crowds are always in a cheerful mood because they are raising money for their organization and plus it is a comedy event and social gathering. To make this show even better, Paul, the cook, and the rest of his staff prepared a wonderful meal that was served 'family style'. How could the crowd not be in a good mood after that? The Elks are great clubs also because they give so much back to the communities in which they belong. They are constantly raising funds for all sorts of noble causes and it always has been and will continue to be, an honor to do shows for them.
On Saturday, I got to work back in my old stomping grounds of Long Island, New York. I was born and raised there and it is always a treat to go back. I hate the traffic but I love the place and miss the pizza. I performed a 2 1/2 Hour Comedy & Music show at The Gateway Comedy Cellar in Medford, where I always have a terrific time. Mike & Donna Dillon manage the club and I consider them friends and a pleasure to work for. Rita, the bartender, and her sister Mary, the waitress are such funny ladies in their own right and always make the trip something else to look forward to also. But the best thing thing about this show was that many of my cousins, my son Jeff and my godson John were there. Plus my sister, Joan, flew all the way up from Florida to surprise everyone. It was a ball! If you knew my family, you would appreciate it even more. Let's put it this way, I'm the sane one....hehehe. They are all so funny and are all great laughers. They are from my Mother's side of the family, known as The Migliore Clan. We have family picnics each year with themes and the things that happen at them could be put in a movie. On top of that, the men always have to put on a show each year. Look at the picture above and you might have some idea. We were lunch ladies that year. What a bunch of nuts. I love them all so much. So needless to say, I love playing on Long Island. I get to see my family, and friends that I grew up with. It's like going to a private party every time I am there. What a feeling. The funny thing is that no matter how loud the crowd's reactions were, you could still hear my sister's hysterical laugh above it all. She's a pistol. On the show with me this time out were Janie Robinson (She's great), Ralph Murphy (He did a fantastic job) and newcomer Mike Thomas from Ireland did a guest 5 minute spot. (Great accent and a lot of promise)
So once again, a great weekend and I wasn't far from home and that is always a plus for me. Keep close to your families and keep on laughing my friends, because in the end, that is what life is all about. Thanks again for reading, from THE COMEDY TORNADO!!

As Featured On Ezine Articles

No comments: