Sunday, April 1, 2007

My Travels Part 2


This weekend I performed at Banana's Comedy Club in Poughkeepsie, NY and as always, I had a great time. I love working there because the club is the perfect setup. It holds about 200 people in a rectangular room and every seat is nice and close to the stage. A very intimate atmosphere, and you know how much I love that. The people of Poughkeepsie are fun people and they love to laugh. They also have a great mall there called The Galleria that I like to go to. Nice stores and I always seem to find something I've been looking for and this trip was no different. I have been looking for a particular type of clothing style, which I did finally. So that was nice and made my trip complete. On top of that, Pat and Vera, who run the club and I have known now for about 15 years, are terrific sweet ladies that are fun to be around. Unfortunately, Vera was on vacation this trip so I didn't get to see her. Also, Danny and John help to run the operation and both are great guys and both very knowledgable in the field of music. Danny and I are around the same age so we both have the same influences and some of the same memories of bands from the 70's and 80's on the club scene back then, my band, Salty Dog, being one of them. What a fantastic era to be in a rock band. The drinking age was 18 and the rock clubs were hot.
So once again, a terrific time with the great people of Poughkeepsie, NY. I have made some nice friends up there over the years and I always look forward to going back. So I will just have to wait until the fall to return and reconnect. Until then, stay happy and healthy my friends and thanks for reading, from THE COMEDY TORNADO!!

As Featured On Ezine Articles

No comments: